Tuesday 8 September 2015

OLD IS GOLD IN GAYLORD EXPRESS


When I reached Clock Tower, an enticing crowd accumulating in front of a shop caught my eyes, then here came the voice from besides, recognising me as a tourist saying "been in Dehradun and not been to Gaylord, then it is something that you should regret for". Peeking inside the bakery, I found a huge crowd sitting there to taste all the delicacies, enjoying and having fun with their friends or family. The gushing sounds of college students, the merrily singing of "Happy birthday", people with happy and satisfactory faces can all be seen there.  



Gaylord is one of the oldest bakery in Dehradun promising to deliver the best and delicious tastes, one had never tasted in his life. Owned by a Sikh family,  It is continuously delivering best delicacies to its customers since 1950s. Their motto is simple to deliver its customers the best of its taste in an inexpensive price and it is quite promisingly doing this as well.


Ranging from all the baked breads, toasts, it offers the best 'soft n spongy' cakes and pastries that too at a cheap price. The cakes are beautifully decorated promising to deliver the best tastes and enticing its customers. The taste is well enough to delight your taste buds and tempting too.



The quality it is maintaining from the centuries makes the popular dogma "Old is gold" true. Its grandeur add a new space to its area with a sitting space nearby its old marvellous structure. I also had a nice and pleasant conversation with its owner whom I referred as Gaylord's Uncle, talking to him make me feel like I am talking to my grandfather whom I had never seen, but he's concern for me is in the same way like my grandfather would do. Its his grace that made me to give Gaylord's a separate space for my writing.

It gives you a wide menu range ranging from the extreme flavours of pastas, pizzas, toasts and the most importantly, my extremely favorite icecreams and sundaes and that too at a price which will not put a hole in your pocket, if you are a foodie searching for a new and best tastes, then Gaylord is a place you should never miss out in Dehradun. 

Lastly, I must say feeling the genuinity of place, If you are in Dehradun, then you must try for its toasts, pastries and yup, the most important ice creams, shakes and sundaes...I've tried my hand at each of them and its just so yummy.....yipeee...!!!

For other places of interest in Dehradun, check out my blog about "Speculating Dehradun" and "Mini Tibet at Buddha Temple".

You can also check pics and videos of the various places of Dehradun on my facebook page "Apex Shine Travels" and also follow me on instagram at @apexshiningneha

Know more about the people who are bringing good to the society by their services in my next post Teach India Bright India 


No comments:

Post a Comment